Dysport treats moderate to severe frown lines and wrinkles by targeting specific muscles in the face. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movement and muscle contractions. These effects can also affect younger adults.
Dysport injections temporarily prevent muscle contractions, while leaving the rest of your face to move naturally. The results are more natural than other injection options.
If you’re under 65 and you’re seeking treatment to improve wrinkles between your eyebrows, ask the doctors at Elkins Park Family Medicine if Dysport is right for you. Before you begin treatment, read below to make a safe, informed decision.
Do not take Dysport if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in Dysport
- Are allergic to cow’s milk protein
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product, such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Botox® (onabotulinumtoxinA) or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site
Dysport may not be right for you if:
- You have had facial surgery
- The muscles in the treatment area are weak
- Your face looks very different from side to side
- There is inflammation in the injection site
- Your eyelids are droopy or you have sagging eyelid folds
- You have deep facial scarring
- your skin is thick and oily
- Your wrinkles can’t be smoothed by spreading them apart
Elkins Park Family Medicine is conveniently located at 7848 Old York Rd in Elkins Park, PA at the corner of Old York Rd. and Spring Ave. There is ample and handicapped accessible parking as well as a Septa bus stop directly in front of the office. The Elkins Park Train Station is two blocks from the office.
|Monday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 3:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
Get in Touch